Monday, 4 November 2013

Artist research

When I search for artists, I look for artists that use a range of different media and materials. I tend to use Tumblr for a lot of my research because I am always looking for new ways of working. Once I have found an artists that I like, I research into them more to see what other materials they use. Another method I like to use, is to find an artist who really inspires me and use every day materials to create something similar to what they have done, but in my own way. Then I collect all of my ideas together and put them into my sketch book. Some of the artist I really enjoyed researching were Anya Gallaccio, Red on Green: the life and death of 10,000 roses, MyeongBeom Kim , Nick Croft and Michaela MacLeod - Pink Punch Amie Dicke.

No comments:

Post a Comment