Friday, 17 January 2014

Data collecting

When I began drawing spirals I started to think about what things lines reminded me of. The spirals inspired me to look at finger prints and human hair. Human hair has a lot of repetition; in the sense that the lines and shapes are repeated in data. Within my sample I focused on developing a method to repeat a stitch and manipulated the whole surface. I was told my main focus, involving the stitches was to show how I could adapt them in my own way; which is to change the way people see everyday materials. The chain stitch particular interesting to use because it manipulated the fabric into a different shape. The stitch which I could improve on was the straight stitched, with the mirrored card, this was because I didn’t finished the sample. If I had fill the whole surface with the stitch I would have been able to see it more clearly. All I really enjoy working with the rubber thread, because it was interesting and experimental to use. I want to use this method in my future work.




No comments:

Post a Comment