Friday, 31 January 2014

Bigger the scale

When created my next ten samples I carefully consider what materials I was going to use and what scale to do them on. The materials I chose were: PVC’s, plastics, cellophane, electrical tape, mirrored cared and thread. I wanted to take a risk on the scale on my sample by using a lot of thread and electrical tape over a large area. That is my favorite sample so far. I incorporated the idea of straight stitch in the electrical tape my pressing in every little gap and using the adhesive side to stick it to the plastic. The sample that cause me the most problem was the cellophane, because it was hard to physically stick it to things and it had tendency to rip. During the critical feedback lesson with my peers, they picked up the sample which I wasn't most proud of. This was the cling film sample with chain stitch over the top of it. They said it had some qualities and gave recommendations to look at and to consider in my future samples, which will hopefully inspire me. For example, they gave me the idea of a bigger scale with thicker cling film. 





No comments:

Post a Comment