With the use of ‘Pinterest’, I found some inserting artists
to research e.g. such as Dale Chihiuly and Megan Geckler. Chihiuly colours and
shapes were inspiring to look at because of the use of multiple lines and
repetition. Similar, Megan Geckler uses these in her art installations and she
uses a lot of tape and ribbon, like I do. Other artist I have found that
interest me: Michel Francols and Anne Helper. I found these artists work really
strange because of their use of space and materials. We all use the same types
of materials but in many different ways and this is what has inspired me to
develop for my next samples. Anne Helper work remind me of the foundation diploma
course I studied at Sixth Form College due to the inflating plastics involved.
So I decided to use some of these materials in my new samples. When I finished making my samples and
photographed them outside, in a car park, to see how they stood out in the
street light. This gave them a different image because they had more movement
in them. Also the materials I used were transparent and had some fascinating
movements when the lights were shining through.
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment