When I stared on the sewing machines, I still wanted to
create lines within the materials however I still wanted to explore more
materials within line. My most successful sample was created out of surprised,
as I was experimenting with the couching foot. I started couching on top of the
rubber thread on old strips of fabric. This created ruffle effect which
inspired me to think about what other material I could develop this method on
to. The sample I wanted to improve was
the plastic seam. It was too small and had this weird effect. I thought this
was interesting. To improve this I wanted to create this sample on a bigger
scale. The worst sample was the cling film sample as didn't have a good effect as the others did. This was because it kept getting caught in the machine. This was when I realised you cannot put cling film in the sewing machine.



No comments:
Post a Comment