Keeping to the idea of different materials I finding the
artist Suzan Drummen, made me think about the use of backgrounds. I found the
tailor taker foot hard to use because the thread keep snapping, however I did
use multiplies plastics and woods. I thought my most successful sample was the
chiffon ribbon around the hair pin and it created a thread on it. Also, another
aspect of this sample I thought was interesting was the shadow effect. The
sample I want to improve was the seam sample by creating layers by cutting
through the plastic. The unsuccessful samples were the ones using the hairs pin
and rubber thread because the thread did stitch as well as other materials.
This made it less interesting. The process of the hair pin and zipper foot was
really experimental to use on different materials and fabrics as it manipulated
them in different ways. I want to create these pieces on a bigger scale.




No comments:
Post a Comment