I took another look at this idea of distortion, and then
looked at how artists used various techniques to bend, twist these materials to
construct their finished sculpture and the place or setting to which it could
be viewed. Artists that did this were more installation and sculpture based. I was
aware that there would be many of these artists because I looked at some
installation art in my past work and found it very helpful and fascinating.
These artworks were amazing to look at, as they transform the whole space they
are set in. I find it very intriguing how various simple shapes can be
manipulated into such distorted shapes in a variety of different spaces and
environments. An artist that uses this idea in their artwork is Petros
Chrisostomou a photographer. He takes some basic shapes and objects from
everyday life then creates these sculptures and installations, which are small;
however they are altered and edited to look massive in the photographs. I was
very surprised by the many forms these sculptures had taken as if they had a
life of their own. It put a completely different prospectus on the objects
chosen from their starting point to the completed work. However these diverse artists
have taught me other techniques, thus giving me my own numerous ideas. I would
like to explore other ways of distortion by using the photographic and silicone
processes I found.



No comments:
Post a Comment