I wanted to investigate more in to how sleeves and jackets
create different forms. Instead of just drawing them on a model or manikin, I
wanted something more unusual. Then I started turning the jackets inside out to
have a different insight in to the construction of the many pieces. When the
jackets were the wrong way round, they looked more distorted, as they created more
lines and various shapes. Also with the inside on the outside you could see the
lining and seams which gave the jacket more interesting details. The misshaped
forms that stood out the most for me were the arm holes and cuffs. These were
the most out of shape because we normally see them round or flat like how they
should be on a jacket, however finding these shapes appearing not always the
same in the jacket made me think of how I could apply these shapes. They are
simple shapes just twisted in dissimilar ways rather than their normal shape.





No comments:
Post a Comment