The ideas of fairgrounds took our class to
Blackpool pleasure beach, where we all got to look around the fairground. Learning
about the history and the surroundings on which it erected. At fairgrounds
there are many different activities going on like rides, games, shows, including
fantastic water shows. However there are a variety of things going on behind
the shows, like the planning and creating of the costumes. Seeing various aspects
of the fairground interested me, then in how I would respond. Mainly to the
hall of mirrors. Which I found intriguing when looking at my own and others
reflections. I liked the scale of the roller coasters, then the shapes the
water made in the air from the fountains. I liked the use of different coloured
hair in the costumes. Adding a different prospective to them.
Fairgrounds like the pleasure beach have many different ways of interacting with the body and mind. People use all their senses in fairgrounds because in some cases they become part of the ride themselves. Then in other cases some people are scared of rides and water because they might of had a past experience that scared them off. I found these facts interesting about fairgrounds as people think of rides and shows as places of pleasure. Then on the other hand people are afraid of fairgrounds because of their own personal reasons.
Fairgrounds like the pleasure beach have many different ways of interacting with the body and mind. People use all their senses in fairgrounds because in some cases they become part of the ride themselves. Then in other cases some people are scared of rides and water because they might of had a past experience that scared them off. I found these facts interesting about fairgrounds as people think of rides and shows as places of pleasure. Then on the other hand people are afraid of fairgrounds because of their own personal reasons.
The idea of the hall of mirrors came from the fairground. At the
fairgrounds there are these obscure mirrors that change your shape when you
look at your reflection in them. They make your proportions out of line with
your head being big or small as well as your hips appearing massive or tiny.
The images look all strange and distorted not like a human being.
No comments:
Post a Comment