Friday, 28 March 2014

Piece by piece

With the unpicking of the jacket pieces, I started to place them in various ways to create different shapes on the manikin. I wanted to produce my own version of dissimilar shapes. I enjoyed manipulating these in many different ways. I used the sleeves and the sleeve linings, then the shoulder pads to assemble all types of diverse shapes. I found using this process fascinating because I got to design my own distorted shapes out of jacket pieces. This turned out to be a piece of sculpture taken from an item that we wear and that we use every day. What’s more with this process we don’t even think about how these shapes could craft other unusual shapes. The dissimilar shapes are out of the ordinary because they get the audience to question what they are as well as how they are put together, especially from that particular item of clothing. This is what I would like to investigate further. 



No comments:

Post a Comment